Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Moving on

Been such a long time didn't really sit at the comfy of my couch to pen my thoughts. And now is the last quarter of 2013. How I wish time can slow down sometimes. As I flashed back, have been through storms after storms, especially the last two years... somehow, there are still blessings along those storms, which is why I am thankful for. Looking back, is always good, as the saying goes "count your blessings and name them one by one"... I guess that is one of the easiest ways to keep moving despite the many facets of challenges, to inch forward despite the hurdles along the many faces of pathways: thorny, rocky, muddy, rough terrains.

Now, let;s see what has 2013 gotten me so far.... It was tough to begin the year after 6 months of "absence" from the teaching line. The first quarter was a rough terrain where it seemed leading nowhere, no light at the end of the tunnel. Then the offer came from a new school, though wasn't the one I wanted. The big news came one month later.

Stepped into WMS in the midst of preparation for the one of the two major events of the school. Lots of school jargons, adjustments and in-between lessons... My first day at school was brightened by a student who, out of the blue, wished me to have a nice teaching experience in the school. Such warmth welcome and hospitality shown. And am really glad that we have progressed further.

Stepping into 5 September is the beginning of SPM Trial. At this point of writing, am sure there are those who are still burning the midnight oil; after all tomorrow is the first tough hurdle, BM. After been made homeroom teacher for 5C, today I thought of wishing them good luck after seeing their stressed face. And they responded with a smile! And that just another approving sign that they really welcome this new homeroom teacher, whom they hardly know and who can hardly recognise and remember their names. I am so glad and so proud of them. Wesleyans, you can go far Above and Beyond.


No comments: